Health and Safety
Stuart Canvas Products recognises the duties placed upon our organisation under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and subsequent legislation.
As far as is it reasonably practicable to do so, Stuart Canvas Products will conform to the highest health and safety requirements and standards in the interest of our employees, other persons and the environment. We believe in maintaining our excellent health and safety records, standards and performance. To maintain this status we will endeavour to ensure all relevant Statutes, Regulations, codes of practice and guidance are complied with. We view these as minimum standards and will attempt to exceed them wherever possible.
Health and safety is the responsibility of everyone within Stuart Canvas Products. The Partners and site foremen are responsible for health, safety and welfare of persons under their control.
Employees are required to take due care for the health and safety of themselves and to ensure that they do not endanger other persons by their acts or omissions and to fully co-operate in the operation of this policy.
Our objectives are to minimise the number of instances of occupational accidents and illnesses and to achieve an accident free workplace irrespective of whether we are working at base or properties under the control of others.
We are committed to provide and maintain, so far as is reasonably practicable, a healthy and safe working environment, safe work equipment and safe systems of work.
We will provide the necessary resources in the form of finance, equipment, personnel and time to ensure the health and safety of all persons affected by our undertakings.
The following visions and goals will ensure the highest standards are not only met but also surpassed.
- Arrangements are in place to ensure this policy statement is effectively implemented and periodically reviewed.
- Systems devised and maintained to ensure the effective communication of health and safety matters throughout our organisation
- External competent advice and assistance will be obtained where necessary.
- Health and safety issues will be monitored and reviewed in accordance with current relevant standards
- Procedures that have been developed to ensure standards are maintained at all times will be monitored and audited to ensure their ongoing effectiveness.
- All accidents and “near misses” incidences will be comprehensively investigated and appropriate action put in place to reduce the likelihood of re-occurrence.All members of the installation team hold CSCS and CPCS cards.
- Every site will have its own health and safety inspection and risk assessment prior to work commencing.
A full health and safety policy is available on request.
We have a full environmental policy of which our statement is as follows:
Stuart Canvas Products is dedicated to the practice of sound environmental stewardship and promotion of health, safety and well being of our employees. These values originate at the company’s top management and are emphasized through all levels of the organisation. As such, the company agrees to:
- Meet or exceed all applicable federal, state, local and company environmental, safety and health standards.
- Provide a workplace free of recognised hazards and maintain healthy working conditions for all company employees.
- Participate in recycling to the greatest practical extent to reduce impact on landfills and promote recovery of valuable resources.
- Convey to our customers, industry associates, vendors and the general public our strong environmental, safety and health commitment.
- Strive to continuously improve our commitment to the above stated principles through exercise of our EMS, improved technology, production changes and due diligence.
A full policy will be supplied if requested.